Bullet points, that is...
- I had a wonderful run this morning
- It was very chilly out (33 degrees) when I ran
- I got my Garmin 305 today!!
- I start my new job as a preschool teacher tomorrow
- I survived three hours of "Job Safety, Chemical Hazards, and Sexual Harassment" videos as part of my job orientation
- I used an hour of that time to stretch my muscles (I had a big, carpeted room all to myself)
- I ordered a new pair of Saucony running shoes from Online Shoes*
- I ate horribly today!
- It was still dark out when I set off on my run
- I did something funky to my hip muscle and it hurts
- I thought I was running three miles this morning but it was really only 2.5 (but now that I have my Garmin, there should be no more mileage surprises)
- One nice thing about running early in the morning are the smells. The fresh, crisp air this morning accentuated the smell the California Sage Brush, the smell of manure from the small neighborhood ranches, and the occasional scent of someone burning wood in their fireplace... ahhh, love it!
- Have you ever accidentally cooked cat food in the microwave? I was trying to defrost the kitty's frozen meat/veggie food but set it on high. While it smells tons better than canned cat food, it's not a pleasant odor. Especially when cooked on high in the microwave. I thought I was going to see my breakfast again, and almost did three times!
I need your advice again, running blogger friends. I mentioned in a previous blog that I'd feel better about running trails if I had a dog to run with. Many of you agreed. The problem is, we don't have a dog and never will. Unfortunately, Guitar Hero doesn't like dogs.
My parents have two dogs who could really use the attention and outside time. My dad has been unable to take them out due to all his serious medical issues. My stepmom is overwhelmed with work and with taking care of my dad. So, basically the dogs are loved but have been confined to my parents' backyard for nearly a year.
I'm not really familiar with their dogs because they've always been outside when I've gone over. I've also shied away from them because they are pretty big and barky. They are nice dogs, though, and are very sweet with my boys.
I'd like some advice regarding how to run with a dog. For example:
- What kind of leash is best?
- What if it wants to chase a bunny?
- How do you keep it from fighting with other dogs?
- How do you maintain your pace with a dog on the end of the leash?
- What else would I need to know?
- What if this happens:
Yep, I made this masterpiece! I figure it's been a while since I created a piece of art for my Running Blogger Friends. I've gotten better since my recreation of the Cytomax Incident.
HBBC Points for 11/30 & 12/1:
Strength & Stretch= 4