30 Minutes Cross-Training
Bike Riding 5.4 Miles
My Modified Hal Higdon Half-Marathon Training Plan
OK... here it is, in all its color-coded glory
I call it modified because I opted to have one less running day each week on my schedule. After the way my body rebelled during my marathon training, I do NOT want to overdo it again. I also added an extra day of strengthening and stretching. My target areas to strengthen are my legs, arms, and core. I have three reasons for this:
- To look good in my Running Skirt (vanity, pure & simple)
- To be able to run faster and better
- To prevent injuries, especially to my knees
Back in the Saddle
Well, not really a saddle... more like a bike seat. I went bike riding today to cross-train. It's been a while since I rode my bike. I'm not a huge fan of the bike... especially since my bike needs a tune-up and my pseudo-rural neighborhood doesn't seem to believe in bike paths.
It did feel good to ride my bike again. I didn't ride very far since I was only scheduled to cross-train for 30 minutes but I felt like I got a good workout. That's mostly because I kept the bike in thigh-burner gear. Not because I'm tough but because I still don't get the whole gear thing and also because the chain is more inclined to fall off or jam when I change gears.
Running:1 Biking: 0
Just an observation: My shoes never fall off when I switch gears from fast to slow & slow to fast while running.
Tomorrow I will run four miles because that is what my good buddy, Hal, says to do.
- Here's one for Tall Mom on the Run... She spent the day taking care of her vomiting husband. Good job and stay healthy, girl! I hope your hubby is feeling better.
- Michelle at LetsRollMama gets one for being sort of new to the Running Blogger World. Check out her blog! She is sure to put a smile on your face, especially if you are a running mom.
- Another new blogger to me is Tricia at Endurance Isn't Only Physical. She gets a high-five this Veteran's Day week for being a being a proud wife of an active-duty army man. Thanks for your sacrifice, Tricia... and thanks to your husband! If you haven't checked out her blog, do it! She's an inspiration.
Happy Friday, Running Blogger Friends!