Assignment: 35 minute run
Actual: 4 miles (about 60 minutes)
Random Thoughts Filling my Attention-Deficit-Disordered Brain
- Do you think it's possible for me to get to at least a 13 minute mile before the Rock & Roll Marathon on May 31?
- At my current rate, I worry I'll be dragging myself across the finish line long after the officials, spectators, and other runners have cleared out and gone home.
- Seven-mile run coming up on Saturday... it's supposed to rain. What do people wear to run in the rain?
- My hands got sooooo cold running in the morning this week.
- How is it possible to be cold and still sweat at the same time?
- It's so strange to be cooling down and warming up at the same time. My body didn't know what to do with itself this morning!
- Why was Michael Phelps so stupid as to toke it up... especially when he knows he's a public figure who will likely be photographed while doing it?
- I need to find a good running bra. I'm small-framed but biggish in the boobies... any suggestions?
- I get to sleep in a little tomorrow!
- My husband wants to start running. This is great, but he doesn't think he needs to invest in good running shoes.
- I'm hungry.
- My favorite running songs this week: Red, Red Wine; Come On Eileen; I Run for Life
- I almost started crying today as I was running and listening to "I Run for Life". Wow! I've never really listened to that song before... I heard it but didn't listen to it. Great song!
- My butt is a little sore.
- I love Chocolate Chip Cliff bars. I could eat them like candy!
- My hands smell like garlic. I love that... that means I actually cooked!
- I love the running community! Where else can you find such a great bunch of total strangers, offering encouragement and advice?!
- I just found out there might be lightning on Saturday. What do people wear in an electrical storm while running? Hopefully nothing! I mean, hopefully we won't run in an electrical storm...
- It's past my bedtime. Good-night!