Put the logo on your blog or within your post (right click and save). Pass the award onto 12 bloggers, then link the nominees within your post. Finally, let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
So, here we go... I tag:
- Laura at My Reason to Run: Check out Laura's blog... you will see why she runs and understand the reason why I admire this mom's strength and drive!
- Jen at Setting You Free: I love how real and down-to-earth Jen is! She has made incredible changes in her lifestyle and lost lots of weight. She is a runner and an inspiration! Take a look... I'm sure you'll agree.
- Jaime at Jaime learns to Run: Do you ever feel like you would hit it off when someone... even though you've never met? Well, I think Jaime would be one of those people! I appreciate her openness on her blog.
- April at Mommy's Fit for the King: I just like her! Her smile reminds me of sunshine. She also scored a Running Skirt for $11 on eBay... obviously, she is smart, too. :)
I do NOT fear the Sunshine Cops.
Three Things Thursday
- I have an appointment to see a podiatrist on Monday. I chose my doctor based on three things... 1) He is a former endurance runner; 2) He had an opening relatively soon; and 3) He is under my insurance plan. I like that he will be able to relate to the runner's need to run. I don't like that he used to be a runner. Why did he stop? Does he still run short distances? Or did he give up on running due to injuries and now he considers it his calling to stop people from running? I'll let you know how it goes.
- I spent the afternoon helping my 2nd grade son put together a family tree for a class project. It's the first time I've ever had to explain divorce to my kids (my parents are divorced and my kids don't know my real mom). It was sort of bittersweet explaining the concept of divorce to my boys. Sweet in that they are so innocent when it comes to the realities of the world. Bitter in that I had to break some of that innocence by explaining the realities of the world.
- I'm thinking about getting another tattoo... yes, I already have one of a hummingbird and some flowers between my shoulder blades. Now, I think I want one on my foot. I want this one to symbolize my life and my running. I'm thinking a pretty compass would be nice. It would symbolize having direction and a purpose (from God), that I'll never get lost in this life because of His guidance, and of all possibilities one can find in life. As an added bonus, having a compass would mean I would never get lost on my runs again!
*The meaning of my current tattoo: Hummingbirds are small and beautiful but very brave and very tough. They will take on much bigger birds in order to protect themselves and their babies. The flowers on my back are done in the colors of my boys' birthstones. There is a third flower... a bud. That was put there to balance out the tattoo and I left the color up to the artist. I consider it my flower for the third child I wish I could have had.
And with that, I'm signing off! Happy Friday, everyone! I'm going to spend the weekend at a scrapbooking getaway (a.k.a. time with the girls having fun... and maybe getting some scrapbooking done in the process). I will try to get caught up on the blogs I haven't read in a while, too!