My Week in Running
I only ran two days this week. I decided to cut back when I started to feel that familiar pain in my right knee. My knee has been better since before the marathon but as soon as I started to feel the slightest hint of pain on Tuesday, I knew it would be wise to take a break. Instead of running, I've been trying to work strength training and Yoga into my workout routine.
This afternoon, I hit the road again and I'm happy to say, there was no knee pain. My heel felt good, also. The real test for my heel will be how it feels tomorrow.
One of the best things about getting back to my blog and my wonderful Running Blogger Friends is how you all motivate me! Honestly, I did not feel like running this afternoon... it was a busy day and I tired. As I was sitting on the couch, catching up on Running Blogs, I suddenly felt like going out for my own run. I didn't want to read about running anymore... I wanted to do it. And I'm so glad I did because it was a great afternoon for a run.
My High-Five Friday
I'm taking an idea from my Running Blogger Friend, Tall Mom on the Run. She gives out virtual high-fives to other runners and bloggers every Friday (hence the name, "High-Five Friday"). Her high-fives go out to those running weekend races, those with great giveaways, and those who inspire her. I am going to put my own spin on High-Five Friday, though... because I am not as organized as Tall Mom.
This Week's High-Fives From ME Go Out To:
- Tall Mom on the Run for having a great sense of humor... case in point: She is running a half marathon in a giraffe costume tomorrow. I can't wait to see the pictures of that!
- She Wears a Red Sox Cap because she is my hero for wearing her pink pajamas to work.
- Running Sane gets a high-five for being able to get three kids to school on time... even though there was no power in the house, no water, a broken windshield wiper, and a raging down-pour to contend with. How the HECK did she manage it?!
- High-five to Marathon Man Runs Again because he is running in the NYC Marathon on Sunday. His running and commitment benefits Autism Speaks. What a worthy cause!
- Irene over at Magazine Smiles gets a high-five because she can spell words like Ixtapa and Zihuantanejo. She is also a very nice person- I know this because I've met her!
Happy Halloween to everyone!
(insert subliminal message here: Send me all your little bags of Peanut M&Ms... even if it means stealing them from your children)