So, what has been up with me these past few months? I'm going to bullet-point my life just to make it less long and boring. Here's what has been going on with me since my last blog (the one titled, "Boobies"):
- The pain in my heel turned out to be a bone spur
- Had a cortisone shot in my heel
- Felt better... but not totally pain-free after running
- Our pretty kitty got eaten by a coyote
- My dad was readmitted to the hospital one or two times (he IS doing better now)
- School started for my second grader
- My youngest started preschool
- I've been debating about going back to work part-time
- I realized how much I want to get out of California and have been looking at homes and jobs in Colorado and North Carolina (jobs for my husband, that is)
- I've been bored
- Got a new kitten (she's cute but a little stupid... really!)
- Been sick ( not H1N1, thank God)
- Have come to suspect that my oldest has mild Asperger's Syndrome (observations to confirm suspicion and testing in process)
- Been running... in spite of lingering heel pain
- Taken lots of naps (I love school/preschool)
- Wondering if I should get another cortisone shot in my heel... heck, at this point they can cortisone my whole foot until I can't even feel the ground anymore! Cortisone is my friend.
What does my future hold?
Well, you never really know... but here are some plans:
- I'm still registered for and plan to run the Surf City Half Marathon- can't wait!
- I'm going to Vegas in November for the Professional Bull Riders' Association World Finals (this is an annual girls-only getaway & tons of fun)
- I need a haircut
- I'm looking for a new name for my running blog... I realized tonight that someone else has the same name for their blog
- I will be removing the chipped, old toenail polish that has been on my toes since before my last blog post
That's all for now. I hope to be able to catch up with you all! I've missed you.