What Happens in Vegas...


It's a LIE!
What happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas. Especially when it comes to the hefty meals, high-calorie cocktails, and yummy desserts consumed. Those things came home with me... on my butt, waist, and hips.

I had a great time but now I've got some serious damage control to do. I've been heavier than I like to be lately and my poor eating choices in Las Vegas left me feeling like I should try out for next season's Biggest Loser. I need Jillian to yell at me, I think.

The Eight-Second Workout Plan
The Professional Bull Riders World Finals was awesome! This was my third year attending the event and it gets better every year. It is surprisingly exciting to watch someone try to stay on a pissed-off, bucking, 1500 pound bull with a name like "Nasty Town". The riders only have to stay on for eight seconds in order to receive a score... but eight seconds is a looong time and few men make it.

I have to say, those professional bull riders are tough! They are also in amazing shape. I think they all have negative 20% body-fat. And nice, lean muscle. Hmmmm... I think I need a bull of my own. I can keep it in the back yard.

Twelve Week Count Down
I realized today that I only have twelve weeks until the Surf City Half Marathon. It's time to get serious about training and getting in good shape for the race. I'm going to spend the next few days reflecting on my training and race goals. My number one goal for training this time around is to remain injury-free. My number one goal for the race is to do more than "just finish". I'll share any other goals I think of... after I think of them.

Comments

Hey "Rookie!" Glad to see you had (too much) fun in Vegas. You're training to run a half?! Good for you. I was worried that you had "retired" from running races. I'm looking forward to reading about your training runs.
Oz Runner said…
sounds like a fun time in Vegas....good luck on finding a bull for your backyard ( ;
Jenn said…
I need a trip to Vegas. I do not need to gain weight. I do need Jillian! Glad you had a great time. Good luck with the training!
Patrick said…
Hey!!!! Love the picture!
Sounds like you had fun in Vegas-- thats the important part. Don't worry about the food!!! You're training will wipe away those calories quickly!!

When does the Bull arrive to your backyard?
joyRuN said…
Sounds like the fun times in Vegas were WELL worth it :)

Happy training!
Mel-2nd Chances said…
glad you're back, and sounds like it was a great trip! Here's to staying injury-free!! :)
Anonymous said…
LOL, I'm laughing every time I read your posts. Would be so cool if all those calories could just stay there; I'd go in a heart beat!

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

My Marathon