Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Blog Formerly Known as Rookie on the Run

OK... Maybe Not "Improved"

In case you haven't noticed, I changed the name of my blog. I still consider myself a "rookie" and probably always will. But I figured this would be a great time to make changes.


I started this blog in order to share my challenges, triumphs, and failures as I trained for my first marathon. Now that that I have accomplished that goal- and find I am still a runner- I wanted to shift the focus of the blog to running in general. I wanted the title to reflect running's permanency in my life.


So, ta-da!! Introducing... Running Through Life!

New title, new look (eventually), but still the same old Rookie... wait, isn't that an oxymoron? Sort of, maybe?

16 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I love it! :D

Southbay Girl said...

I like it!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

NICE!! Like a butterfly...LOL

Irene said...

Cool!

MCM Mama said...

Very nice!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Very cool.

Melanie Tait (Mel Tries to Run) said...

Makes so much sense! Can't wait to see what else you have in mind!

The Happy Runner said...

Makes perfect sense! I like it :)

Glenn Jones said...

What a great name for the blog! I like it!

AKA Alice said...

Nobody who has run a marathon is a rookie any longer...this much is true...

Congrats on the name change :-) LOVE IT

Patrick said...

Awesome name!

I always thought "rookie" was the wrong word for you... You are more experienced than that!

Hope your recovery is going well.

Fair Weather Runner said...

i like it! and you are so not a rookie anymore ;)

Candice said...

I am looking forward to continuing to folow your journey. You are an inspiration to me -- a fellow mom of two, training for my first marathon!

RunToFinish said...

ok I adore costa rica, it was an amazing trip!!

i thought the weather was pretty good M-W in San diego and I swear if I could move to Coronado I would!!

Kelly said...

You should definitely try spinning. I was so nervous about it- I actually woke up like five times the night before in anticipation, but it REALLY was not bad- and like I said in my post, you can always change the resistance and no one even knows.
Besides, you can run a marathon! You MUST be able to handle a spinning class. I handled it just fine and if I tried to run a marathon right now I'd probably die at mile 6 haha.

Mark Berry said...

Wow - you threw me with the new name of your blog - I'd read it several times since you changed, but when I saw your last posting on my site, I had a brain $#)#! Very cool rebranding - I agree with your other faithful readers. Mark