I feel like I'm getting ready to go on vacation, yet I'm only traveling one half hour away from my house. I'm talking about getting ready for the marathon (as if you didn't know that). I've been planning what I'm going to wear, what I'm going to eat, what I'm going to carry on my body during the race, and even which hair elastics I'm going to use.
Normally, I'm not a planner but when it comes to getting ready for certain things (ie. work, trips, and long runs) I like to be ready ahead of time. I have found that it cuts back on my stress level in the early morning rush. The more unknown a situation is for me, the earlier I start getting ready.
It's only Thursday, but I am as ready as I can be for now. Here are the items I have ready to go right now...
- Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans in case I can't find coffee somewhere
- Electrolyte water from Trader Joe's
- Knee brace
- Face Sunscreen... SPF 50
- Glide, of course
- The Stick
- GU Chomps... just in case
- Myoplex Chocolate Crunch Protein Bar for after the race
- Nathan Body Wipes
- Toilet wipes (so I don't have to use my sock)
- Lysol Spray for the port 'o potty (see... I was serious about that, folks!)
And, just in case you're going to be in the marathon, waiting at the finish line, or watching the live feed of the finish on the web and you want to look for me... this is what I will be wearing:
- Pink Shirt
- Pink Hat
- Gray Run Skirt
- Pink & White Socks
- Blue and White Shoes
- Bright yellow marathon belt
- Watch (so I know when to run:walk)
- Pink Road ID (in case I keel over on the side of the road)
- iPod (fits in a nifty little pocket in the shorts attached to the skirt)
Good Thing the Belt Stretches!
- My Phone (so I can take pictures and call my husband if I need to)
- Strawberry scented lip balm with SPF 15
- Chocolate Accel Gel
- Toilet wipes (in case... well, you know)
Just as when I pack for any type of trip, I feel like I've forgotten something. For those of you who have done this before, am I forgetting anything I'm going to need?
By the Way...
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!