As I write this, my four year old is in his room. He was banished to his room because of his naughty behavior and because he needed to cool down. Yes, my adorable snuggle-bug can be a firecracker! And when he explodes... watch out!!
His four minute time-out was finished several minutes ago, but he refuses to come out. I think he thinks he is punishing me by not coming out. Ha ha ha... I'll just let him think that.
Meanwhile, I'm enjoying some peace and quiet. A perfect time to write a blog that is sure to bore everyone to tears. Heck, it will probably bore me to tears.
The thing is, I need to get strong, do my physical therapy exercises, and keep up my cardiovascular work. I also need to drop about 5 pounds... five very stubborn pounds.
I decided it might help if I make a list of my workout plans and keep track of what I eat. I figured it might help even more if I share my lists with you. Now, don't get so excited... I'm not much of a list person and many of my list-making ventures end a day or so after I start them. But, I'm willing to give it a try... again.
This Week's Exercise Plans
- Monday: PT homework (lower body strengthening & core)
- Tuesday: Stationary bike (30 minutes) & upper body strengthening
- Wednesday: PT homework & Yoga (30 minutes)
- Thursday: Stationary bike (30 minutes) & upper body strengthening
- Friday: Stretching & REST!
- Saturday: 10-miles Group Run
- Sunday: REST & eat whatever I want
Monday's Slop Log
- Oatmeal with dried cranberries (1 serving)
- Trail mix (peanuts, almonds, and chocolate chips)
- Greek style yogurt with blueberry Muesli mix
- Grilled chicken skewers with red & green peppers over brown rice, spinach and broccoli salad with almonds and Asian dressing.
- One glass of wine
- Honey-roasted peanuts (a handful)
- Water throughout the day... but not enough.
OK... my little firecracker is out of his room and back to being a snuggle-bug. Time to go to Target!