The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag others
1. What are your current obsessions?
My leg... wondering if I'll be able to do the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon. And finding fun half marathons to shoot for in the next few months.
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
My Addidas running pants... I don't run in them, but they are comfy. I also love my long-sleeved Charger T-Shirt.
3. Last thing you bought for yourself?
Another running skirt from Running Skirts. I think I'm going to ask for another one for Mother's Day. Maybe this should be up there under my obsessions.
4. What’s for dinner?
Already ate. I made chicken fajitas w/ guacamole. Yum!!
5. Say something about the person who tagged you:
Like all my running blogger friends, I've never actually met Mel. I'm sure we'd hit it off if I knew her in person. She has a great sense of humor and doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. I get a chuckle out of the names she gives the hills and roads that she runs. She's got "The Hill of Death", "Monster Hill", and "Monster Road". Mel is hoping to become a published Children's author... and I think she'll be a great one!
Mel also has a giveaway going on! A pretty pink beaded bracelet (made by her mother-in-law) and other pink stuff. Why pink? It's in honor of the Susan G. Komen Foundation for cancer research. Check out Tall Mom on the Run and enter to win the Pretty in Pink Giveaway!
6. What is one item you could not live without?
My laptop. As a stay-at-home mom, it's sometimes my only link to the "outside world"... unless you count making casual conversation with the cashier at the grocery store. On my laptop I blog, spend too much time on Facebook, and keep up on current events.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
Tahiti, Italy (wine and gelato... yummm), Hawaii, Alaska, Egypt
8. Three things to do before you die:
- Run/walk a marathon
- Write some sort of book and have it published
- Figure out the LOST story-line
9. What are you reading right now?
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Relin. Excellent book!
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
I haven't watched a movie in a looong time, unless you count Mary Poppins. Well, I do like Mary Poppins... so maybe that does count.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Brownies... especially the corners and the edges.
12. What’s your favorite smell?
Baking brownies... yum, yum, yum! I love how my boys smell when they are fresh-out-of-the-bath clean... they don't smell good very often. My husband's pillow is another favorite (it smells like him).
13.If cost wasn't an issue and you could run any race in the world, what would it be?
Anywhere exotic and beautiful!
14. Do you have a goal that you are trying accomplish before 2009 is over?
Finish a Marathon... if my leg is better that will happen on May 31st. I'd like to squeeze at least two half marathons, too.
15. Describe one of your happiest moments.
Just one? I can't do that... I have a few:
- When I found out I was pregnant with my first son. I could not believe it when the test showed positive!
- The day my first son was born and I got to hold him for the first time.
- When I found out I was pregnant with my second son... he was a little surprise.
- The first time I saw and got to hold my second son.
16. What was your best Halloween costume?
In high school, I dressed up like an old bag lady. I wore a gray wig, old clothes, and shuffled my way to class. People didn't even recognize me, including the teachers! It was so funny.
17. What do you have an addiction to?
Just kidding! Coffee is my drug
18. What do you do that you would be embarrassed for others to know about?
I like to make up silly songs and do horrible dances for my boys. I do this to bug them. It works, and it also makes them laugh.
19. What is one totally irrational fear you have?
I've already blogged about my fear of public restrooms (especially those blue port-o-potties). Based on how many others are afraid of them, I've concluded that my fear is not so irrational.
Here's another one for you: I am afraid of those storm drains that run along sidewalks. You know... the ones that swallow skateboards, balls, and frisbees.
I have been afraid of them for as long as I can remember. I will walk out of my way to avoid stepping over one. I try not to park next to them. If I do have to step over one, I break out in a sweat, my heart pounds, and I have to calm myself down from a potential panic attack. We have one on our cul-de-sac and I hate when my boys play too close to it.
20. Do you have a favorite training tip?
Don't over do it!
21. What's your most embarrassing moment?
Probably the time my oldest son- who was 4 at the time- went with me while I shopped for bras at a large, upscale department store. Many of the bras were hanging at his eye-level and they were the preformed bras... I was engrossed with finding the right size when I heard my sweet little boy yell at the top of his lungs, "Look, Mommy!! BOOBIES! Lots and lots of boobies! I LOVE Boobies, Mommy!" As he announced this, he was squeezing the bra cups with both hands.
The young sales girls laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. The snooty old-lady shoppers looked at me like I was some skanky mom who encourages her boys to notice such things as "boobies". Sigh... my boys do notice boobies. It starts young, that's for sure! ;D
22. What is your dream job?
I have the same dream job as Mel... I would love to get paid to take photos and write. My dream is to travel, be with my family and stretch my creative mind.
23. (The question I've added) What should you be doing right now besides answering these questions?
Laundry, getting ready for bed, laundry, sleeping, laundry, laundry, oh- and laundry.
I am Tagging these Blogging Runners:
1. Alice at Heffer Blog
2. Stephanie at NY Trail Runner
3. Sarah at Running Mama
4. Oz Runner