TGIF Foto Friday

This is my six year old. He lost his first tooth on Tuesday.
That's the tooth in his hand. He was so excited, he even let me take pictures of him sporting his newly-gapped smile!



A Sort of Enlightenment

I had an epiphany that night when I got to be the Tooth Fairy.

I've been a Mommy for over six years but often don't feel like much of a grown-up, myself. There are moments, however, in my Mommyhood when I feel like a grown-up... like a parent. For example, the first time I had to fight the school traffic jam in order to drop my son off at school~ it felt like such a grown-up thing to do.

Playing Tooth Fairy made me feel like that too. As I quietly exchanged my son's tooth for a 1974 Silver Dollar, I felt mature. I felt responsible. I felt like a parent. I felt like MY parents! I think those are the times when I truly feel grown-up... when I find myself doing some of the things my own parents did for me.

Now, before you call CPS and report me as an admittedly irresponsible parent (except for the times when I get to fight school traffic or get to be the Tooth Fairy), let me explain that I am a grown-up and I usually act like one. I just don't usually feel like one. I like it that way.



Running Related Stuff

Tomorrow is our group run. Eight miles on mostly trail (supposedly). I'm excited about this! I've been itching to get out and do a longer run on some trails instead of on asphalt. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Have a great weekend of running & relaxing & being with loved-ones, everyone!

Comments

Mel-2nd Chances said…
Too cool that he's lost his tooth, i remember when my son lost his first too, it was such a big day. Now he knows i am the tooth fairy, so it was kinda sad. Enjoy the trail run, hope it happens! :D
joyRuN said…
I don't feel that grown-up either. More like a big ol' dork ;)
BeachRunner said…
How cute. Have a great trail run.
Anonymous said…
Good question actually, when is someone grown-up!? I'm still not, even though I really like the feeling of getting older.

Hope you had a great trail run!

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

Goals and Plans for 2010