Training Day Two: Inauguration on the Treadmill

Tuesday morning, January 20th
Training Day #2
Assignment: Run for 30 Minutes

I decided to do my running on the treadmill at the gym for this day of training. I like to mix things up a bit. Besides, the treadmill keeps better time than the timer I had been using (which was my timed-test timer from my teaching days... now the boys use it to play BOMB... uh, don't ask).

I prefer to run outside but this was a great day run at the gym because I got to run and watch TV at the same time. What was on TV? The inauguration of President Obama. No matter your political preference, this was an inauguration to see. So that's what I did- I watched it while I ran. I think it made time go faster to focus on squinting in order to read the closed captioning, rather than think about how tired I was.

And I was tired! I think my biggest lesson for this day was to not spend an hour at the gym the night before, doing weight-lifting exercises for the lower body. I enjoy strength training but I guess I'll have to cut back a little on the lower body until I get better at this running stuff!

Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.
~Jimmy Carter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

Goals and Plans for 2010