Quickie

January 27
Day 9 of Marathon Training
Assignment: Run 35 minutes

Quick Update
Even though today was gorgeous, I ran on the treadmill for my 35 minute training today. I am so happy with myself! Except for the 2 minute warm-up at the beginning and the 3 minute cool-down at the end of my run, I ran the whole time. Last week I couldn't run the whole time without walking. It's so nice to be able to see the progress!! I love that about running.

This Old Body
I am glad tomorrow is a non-running day, my hips are not too happy with me today. I think I need the day off to give my body a break. Since I've been running, I have noticed that my body parts seem to take turns letting me know how they feel about their exertions.

The first day, my ankles felt bad until the chiropractor yanked on them; the second day it was time for my inner thighs to yell at me (didn't send the chiropractor that direction!); the third day my back hurt... and so on.

I'm waiting for the day that all my joints and muscle-groups band together to form a coup. I hope I don't wake up one morning to find that my body hurts all over, as its parts work together to keep me from making them hit the streets. I won't allow that to happen until the day after I run the marathon.

Until then, get over it body!


You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Comments

Unknown said…
Have you been stretchng after your runs? I struggled with injury last year and one of my key learnings was stretch, stretch, stretch some more. I stretch 15mins per day in the morning - unrelated to running. And always after running. It's really helping me. :-)
Good point... I stretch before I run but I'm not very faithful about doing it after. I'm usually so busy being mom after I get back from a run that I forget. Thanks for the reminder!!
Anonymous said…
Good job on running the whole time!

And yeah, the day after the marathon, every inch of your body will hurt. I had to crawl up the stairs in my house. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

My Marathon