I Did It!!

January 26th
Day 8 of Marathon Training
Assignment: Run 30 minutes

Up & At 'em!
I woke up this morning pretty easily... I went to bed early the night before. OK, early for me which is before 11 p.m. It was still dark out but I could see that it had been raining. I debated going to the gym to run on the treadmill but I didn't want to have to do that. So, I ate breakfast, stretched, and waited to see what the weather would hold.

Brrrrr...
It looked pretty clear when the sun came out so I decided to skip the gym and run the route I had planned. I went outside and gasped because it was so stinking cold!! It was probably 45 degrees Fahrenheit**. I almost turned around and went inside but I was stretched-out, dressed, and ready... and too lazy to want to undo it all.

Victory- Short, but Sweet
I am so glad I decided to run! It was my unofficial goal to be able to run the 30 minutes/2+ miles without stopping to walk. And I did it! I just kept telling myself that I'd run to a certain point ahead and then walk. When I would get to that point, I'd tell myself that I was doing fine and to run to the next "landmark", and so on. Before I knew it, I was almost home and hadn't stopped to walk once!

I see progress and I love it!

Beeping Butt
Yay! The sports watch I ordered from Amazon finally came this afternoon. Good thing, too. This morning I set the timer on my cell phone for 33 minutes- not hours this time- and put it in the back zipper pocket of my running shorts. I was so into my run and must have had my iPod on loud enough that I didn't hear when the timer went off. Based on the time I got home, I probably went a few minutes over the 30 minutes I was supposed to run.

I'm pretty sure my rear-end must have been beeping for the last few minutes of my run. This wouldn't matter one bit except I run past the middle school at the same time the kids are walking to school. Knowing middle schoolers, I may have earned myself the nickname "Butt Beeper". I can picture it now... "Look, dude, there goes Butt Beeper! Dude, I'm never going to be stupid enough to run... I'll still be shredding on my skateboard when I'm that old."

By the way...
It started pouring down rain as soon as I walked into the house. Then it hailed for a bit. At least my beeping butt didn't get wet!!


**I apologize to anyone who might be reading this in Canada, the Midwest, or anywhere not in SoCal or Florida. I realize 45 degrees is probably warm considering what your winters are like but for a San Diego native, 45 degrees is COLD!

"Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can."
-Lowell Thomas

Comments

Laurel said…
I love that you were too lazy to be lazy. Ha, my kind of gal.

Good luck in your training. You'll be framing your marathon poster before you know it :)
Stacey said…
I saw your comment on MCM Mama's blog. Finishing a marathon is absolutely empowering! Good luck with your training!
Run Mommy said…
I am so excited for your training! I just finished my first one and love hearing of others. Also, as a Canadian, I love that you acknowledge that 45 degrees is pretty comfy considering I just ran in what was likely below zero and now my face feels like steel. :) Keep up the posts (and the minutes without walking!)

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

Goals and Plans for 2010