Cotton is NOT My Friend!

I used to think cotton is the best material to run in. It's natural, breathable, soft, and comfy. Well, I now know that cotton is big no-no when running. Why? It soaks up and retains sweat.

The last thing you want to deal with when running is a wet, heavy shirt. Who wants their sweaty shorts clinging to their legs? Wet, smelly socks? Icky!

The solution to the problem of sweat: Run naked.

If you're like me, however, and are not comfortable with the idea of running around the neighborhood in your birthday suit, try clothes made out of wicking material. This is mostly/usually a synthetic fabric made to take sweat, pull it away from the skin, and dry quickly.

There are lots of brands that make wicking apparel. You don't have to spend a lot of money for it, either. But you can if you want to do your patriotic duty and help boost the economy!

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
- Steve Prefontaine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

My Marathon