What?! ME?! Run?!

I am not a runner by nature. I've never enjoyed running. Other than the occasional run to burn a few calories when I can't get to the gym, I have always viewed running as a last-resort tool to get from one point to another as quickly as possible. For example:

  • My son falls on a concrete bench, splits open his chin & he's screaming... run!
  • Wait too long to use the restroom... uh-oh, run!
  • Realize I forgot about that last batch of cookies in the oven... run!
  • The cat is making signs that she is going to hack up a massive fur ball on the new couch... run!
  • Kick a ball into a bee-hive... run and wave arms frantically!!
I assume you get the idea.

So, why run a marathon? I'm not really sure. Maybe I'm bored and need a challenge. Maybe it's mid-life crisis (a very early mid-life crisis). Maybe I want to push myself more than I ever thought I could. Maybe it all goes back to my parents... they are the ones who told me to eat my mushrooms and eventually I would acquire a taste for them.

Whatever the reason, I'm committed- I'm doing the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon!

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of my Favorite Things Giveaway & Happy Blog Birthday!

There's GOT to be a Better Way-- Part II

Goals and Plans for 2010